Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Baby Blanket Solution?

I am STILL working on the baby blanket that was meant to be a Christmas present for my nephew. That blanket is the bane of my knitting existence right now. Since you all know I have a problem with gauge and knit "on the large size", this blanket is practically the size of a comforter. My biggest dilemma now is whether to rip out months of work and start over making it much smaller than it is now, or just finishing it up? I have just one skein left of Wool Ease Thick and Quick left to knit, and honestly the stuff only takes 2-3 a skein. So 2-3 hours and mail a package the size of a king bed coverlet or start from scratch??? The other blanket will make it to my niece by her first birthday next month (yes that blanket has been finished since September).

I just want to knit for me!

Alas, someday I will do that.